Constituted in 1947, Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) represents the entire machine tool industry in India. The apex body of the machine tool industry, IMTMA has a membership of over 400 organisations – spread across the country and comprising all segments; large, medium, and small. Membership of IMTMA specialises in the complete range of metalworking machine tools and manufacturing solutions, accessories for machines, as well as the varied range of cutting tools and tooling systems.
IMTMA, has over the years, transformed itself to looking beyond, to focus on issues of technology, productivity, quality, design, product development, greater customer interface, so as to enable its membership enhance their competitiveness, advancement and growth. IMTMA is the single point of contact for the machine tool industry in India.
IMTMA proactively assists the machine tool industry and its membership to :
- Improve the industry’s image.
- Enhance productivity and competitiveness in manufacturing.
- Upgrade quality and technology standards.
- Develop strategies, at the industry level as well as at the organisational level.
- Interact with customers and users.
- Foster international linkages.
- Disseminate information about the industry and its achievements.
- Provide business opportunities through exhibitions and related events.
IMTMA assists and enables its membership to realise their objective of achieving competitiveness in manufacturing, through a range of value-added initiations :
- Policy & Data Information.
- Country Reports.
- Sectoral Industry Reports.
- Seminars & Workshops.
- Training Programmes.
- Vision Workshops.
- Sub-Supplier Meetings.
- Domestic Missions.
- International Inward Missions.
- International Outwards Missions.
- Technology Missions.
- Trade Fairs.
- Group Participation.
- Design Institute.
- Cluster Development Programmes.